Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Votorama

Is anyone else over the American Idol auditions? Enough already! It's boring me, but Matt loves to watch.

So tonight is crazy snowy out. Slippery and scary. It took me an hour and a half to get home from work, and then Matt and I went out to vote. It's so weird, but we have to vote in a church. Doesn't that seem wrong? I always feel like I'm going to burn or something from walking inside (because I'm Jewish, not because I'm evil). Stupid fear, I know, but it doesn't seem right to vote in a church. Separation of church and state? I can't really complain, though, since it's practically across the street from our house.

Every time I vote, I get a tiny but choked up. It feels like such a big deal, and I'm proud to be a part of it. But I'm also terrified of the outcome. It hasn't been great for the last, oh, eight years. So now the waiting begins...

No comments: