Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Puzzling

Well, I'm sucked into the Idol right now. Not like sucked in because I can't stop watching, but sucked in like I am forced to watch it. I was just remembering how last week everyone was sick, and even though I wasn't in the studio with them it made me feel gross. I need to find something to do while Idol is on. I can't just watch their lame performances. But what to do? I'd like to do a jigsaw puzzle, but the one I have (where do they go after I do them? I have no idea) has really loose pieces. I hate that! How can I really tell if the pieces are fitting if they're all slidey?

Tonight is number one of the Project Runway finale. I am planning on falling asleep by 9:30, so I will have to watch the second half tomorrow. Last night I woke myself up at 3:00 a.m. because I thought I heard the smoke detector. I sleep with earplugs and a fan on, so I had to take out the plugs and run into the hallway. No detecting. Who knows why I woke up thinking that? And then I couldn't get back to sleep and when I did I had all sorts of dreams of myself yelling at my students to clean up. How pleasant.

What I should really be doing with my time is reading this book I am loving (Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale. Historical fiction, which I kidded myself for a long time that I didn't like but I actually LOVE, so now I am indulging in it). Chances are I am too tired to move my butt off the couch, and shall be punished for my sloth by the mediocre, repetitive performances of Idol. But don't get me wrong: I don't hate American Idol. I just hate how frequently it's on.

No comments: