Thursday, February 21, 2008

At the Car Wash

I finally, finally had a car wash today. It has been so snowy here over the last month, and then so cold or messy, that I haven't been able to get a car wash. I did it today. I tried to do it the other day, and I pulled into this gas station car wash where you have to drive around a paved circle, and then it turned out that the machine only accepted exact change. I had to back it out of there, and I was screaming and swearing the whole way. Luckily no one pulled into the circle behind me. I would have lost it.

Today's car wash was almost a bust, too, because I thought my credit card went through and I was all ready to pull in, but I ended up having to swipe it again. I thought the car wash forces may have been against me.

Every time I get a car wash, I play a song called "Golden Brown" by the Australian band The Stranglers. (I think I may have blogged about this before, so indulge me). You can hear it here at my MySpace page. I think it is a perfect, whimsical song for a car wash. This time was SO FUNNY because I spazzed out when the water started squirting and had to double check my windows, and then I double-checked my sunroof. But it's been so long since I used my sunroof that I accidentally OPENED it! My heart was spazzing out, and luckily I got it closed in time. It was pretty funny.

Does anyone else out there have car wash songs? (Please do not say "At the Car Wash.")

No comments: