Sunday, January 06, 2008

Harry Break Ends

*Quick reminder that there are only two days left to enter my New Year's Resolution contest. You can win a signed copy of Get Well Soon!

I am mourning the end of my Harry Potter Vacation. It really was all about Harry (well, Ron, too, of course). I read (and will continue to read) the sixth book (which I have never read, even though I have read the seventh, because a student, who I refer to as "She Who Must Not Be Named," told me the ending to #6 soon after it came out. That's evil.). I played the Scene It Harry Potter second edition. I watched the fifth movie on DVD, as well as the fourth and all of their extras. And then there was the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix computer game. How I will miss you. Sniff. I pretty much conquered the whole game (on the "easy" setting), except for the Wizard's Chess because I tried and tried, but I have no idea how to play chess. Who knew it would come in handy for a computer game?

Now, in honor of the end to my Harry vacation (not to be confused with my hairy vacation, although I did get a haircut), I will try posting a new Harry Potter-related question that you all must answer every single day in my comments section. It will help me get through my Harry withdrawal. Today's Harry question:

If you went to Hogwarts, who would be your best friend?

My answer is Luna Lovegood. Because she's kind of strange, wears funny earrings, and has a good heart. And she's into underground publishing. [Check out this cute interview with Evanna Lynch, who plays Luna in the film.]

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

I can't pick just one -- I have to have BOTH Fred and George Weasley as best friends. They're hilarious and red-headed. What's better?

Anonymous said...

Forget the characters, I'd most like to be friends with J.K. than anybody else in the book :)

Anonymous said...

I just started the second Harry Potter book. I can't get enough of Harry Potter right now. I would probably have lots of friends. There is always someone new and interesting.

Anonymous said...

I think my best friend would be Hermione. My best friend in real life is already freakishly like her, as am I.

Anonymous said...

i think hermione because we are so alike