Tuesday, January 08, 2008

And the Winner Is...

shartley2 wins the signed copy of Get Well Soon and a button for his hilarious resolution about Sweet Pickles. That had me laughing a lot. However, you all had great answers, and it was hard to choose. In fact, I hated choosing, so from now on all of my contests will be drawings from all of the commenters. AND SO- because I feel all guilty, because you all are so nice and sweet to read my blog and enter my contest, that I will have ANOTHER contest. This contest is very simple: I will take all of the names of the people who entered my resolution contest, and all of the names of anyone who comments all this week on my Harry Potter posts (which I think you're already getting sick of, but whatever) and on Monday night--my birthday!-- (I'm going to ALA Midwinter this weekend, so it won't be before then) I will draw two names (cause that's like I'm giving away three books total) and those people will win the books and buttons. The exciting part is that the more you comment, the more times I'll enter your name into the drawing. (One comment per post, however. Don't get greedy.) Does this all make sense?

Today's Harry Question (why didn't people like yesterdays question?):
Which Harry Potter character are you most like? [side note: if you have any better questions for me to ask, please email me at julie@juliehalpern.com.]

I'm not proud of it, but I think I'm most like Hermione because I'm pretty smart and know a lot of things (you wouldn't know it by that sentence). I'm not as obnoxious about it as her, but I sometimes feel superior inside. And my hair could be crazy if I let it.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

I guess I'd have to say Hermione because I'm bookish. But I'm also part Weasley twins because I can pull a good trick or two. (And I've got this smirk that makes me look like I'm up to something, even when I'm not. Or so I'm told.)

Anonymous said...

I am a little like Hermione in that I like to give orders but I am also like Ron and Harry in that I wait until the last minute a lot and used to wait until the last minute to do all my homework.

Anonymous said...

i think i'm most like hermione because we both are very focused on schoolwork and is the "good girl." however she does sometimes bend and break the rules, like me.

Anonymous said...

I know that my best friend is almost Hermione in the flesh. Seriously, it's a little scary sometimes. I, however, am just slightly like Hermione because I know I am smart, but I also procrastinate all the time, so my grades are not perfect.