Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Don't Be a Hater

Well, my little blog readers, I am sensing that most of you don't love the Harry Potter posts (sniff sniff--those are tearful sniffs, although I could be wrong?). So I will post today about Potter, and possibly tomorrow, and that's it (Ha! Because I'm going out of town! Not because you readers made me do it!). Today's is funny because I actually surveyed my students all day about this one. I asked any student who knows me relatively well which Hogwarts teacher they thought I was most like (Therefore, your question of the day is: Which Hogwarts teacher are you most like?). The majority of them answered Professor Trelawney-- the weird, fortune-telling teaching of Divination (and they answered this without any prompting from myself). I though that was particularly hysterical because she's so odd. One of my students gave this reason: "Because she's all 'wooo wooo' [waving his arms], and you're all 'wooo wooo,'" Which I took to mean a little out there. Most of the students compared me to her because they thought I was funny, funky and eccentric. Not bad, I suppose. Could have been much worse. And really, who would have been that much better? Yeah, Professor McGonagall is the coolest, but I wouldn't really want my students to think I was anything like her--kind of crotchety and stern.

You will be happy to know that my Potter Mania is waning just a tad, so next week my posts will probably be normal. As normal as Trelawney, anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree with your students, i am wacky like Professor Trelawney :)

Chelsea said...

I really can't think of a Hogwarts teacher that I identify with. If I HAD to pick one I'd say...

Snape. Because we both have nasty tempers. (It's one of my downsides.)

Anonymous said...

Trelawney- I always had a soft spot for her, and didn't really understand why Hermione disliked her so much. I'm sure she was hilarious to be around.
I think I am most like... Umbridge. Ha ha, no, that would be really scary. I really don't know. The truth is, I don't think I possess the patience to be a teacher. Maybe Snape...he he he...