Friday, April 29, 2011

Wedded Bliss

Hmmm.  Did anyone wake up to watch the royal wedding?  I did not, although I did wake up to pee at 4:30 and thought, should I turn on the wedding?  I'm glad I didn't because there were so many recaps.  I enjoyed the build-up, learning about how Wills and Kate met, and other such loving stories, but when it came to the actual wedding and the prep and the money spent and the silliness and obsessiveness of everyone, it seemed overkill.  I'm happy for the two as a couple, and royalty is for sure interesting, but did anyone else feel that the wedding looked a little dull?  Like, so serious?  I remember when Matt and I got married, there were multiple flubs (like when I had to repeat back the Hebrew that the Rabbi was speaking and I mumbled it because I had no idea what he was saying) and giggles, and Matt was shaking like a leaf.  I can't imagine the pressure to be on camera (like, in front of millions, not just the hired photographer and videographer) that William and Kate had.  Could they even be fully focused on the fact that they were getting married, or was it more like, I wonder if I have a royal booger in my nose that millions of people can now see.  And what about the after party?  Do they get one?  Will there be dancing and a DJ and silly toasts and old people doing the Electric Slide?  I hope so.  I know for certain they won't have this:

For our cake toppers, Matt and I used figurines of Leela and Fry from Futurama.  As you can see, Leela fell over.  Cause she was having such a good time dancing.

No comments: