Saturday, November 13, 2010

What to Watch Weekend: Another Doc!

Last weekend I recommended Air Guitar Nation, and I'm so glad I did because I just watched it again (yes, I own it) and the brilliance did not dim one ounce.  The best part, and one of my proudest moments as a mother, was when I showed Romy C-Diddy's United States Air Guitar Championship-winning performance, and she air-guitared right along with him.  It was beautiful.  If you haven't yet taken my advice, perhaps this clip will entice you. 






 This week's suggestion may be difficult to get, since I don't think it's out on DVD.  But if you like funny documentaries, this one can't be missed.  It's called Hands on a Hard Body, and it's the story of a group of people who enter a contest to win a hard body truck somewhere in Texas.  The challenge?  Whoever can keep their hands on the truck the longest wins.  I love the different theories people have to prolong their standing, including eating only Snickers bars.  Good stuff.
It would seem that I only watch documentaries (well, that I watch two documentaries), and that makes me sound stuffy and pretentious.  I hope you all know by now that I am neither, and the documentaries I recommend will always be of the happy and funny kind.  I would not hesitate to call Air Guitar Nation the feel good film of the decade! 

What are you guys watching this weekend?

No comments: