Friday, November 12, 2010

The ARC is here! You are not.

I am sad that only one person replied to yesterday's picture book post!  I worked really hard on that!  Is it because it was Veteran's Day?  Is it because you all only read YA books?  Is it because the task was just as daunting for you as it was for me?  Whatever the reason, it made me feel like poo.

Therefore, I am going to wait until NEXT WEEK to unveil my contest for (Get ready...Here is comes...Now!):
The Advanced Reader's Copy of my brand new novel!!!!!!!!  DON'T STOP NOW is the story of platonic best friends, Lillian and Josh, who hear the call of the road after their (pathetic, weird, sort of ) friend, Penny, may or may not have faked her own kidnapping.  Will they find Penny?  Will they find more than friendship?  And what do cheese, corn, and Elvis have to do with it all?  Read my new novel, DON'T STOP NOW to find out!  [I totally just wrote that little summary.  Was it lame?  Should I work on that some more?]

So, if you're feeling all guilty now that you didn't give me even one picture book title, you have this weekend to redeem yourself.  On Monday, I'll make the official ARC contest announcement, and all will be right with the world again.

Did I mention I'm going to see Buddy from "Cake Boss" tonight?  And maybe Santino and Austin next week when they come to Chicago?  Neither of those have anything to do with anything, but I thought you should know.  Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

jpetroroy said...

Yay! Congratulations :)

Natalie Whipple said...

Oh my gosh so excited! I love the summary:)

Sorry for yesterday. I was out for most of it and didn't get to blogs! Now I feel bad.

A fan said...

I don't think your summary was in any way lame. It made me want to run out and get the book.
Sorry I didn't respond to your poll but it's my busiest time of the year at work and barely get time online. Picking one was a struggle for me, always feel like then I've decided that one is my favorite!

Rummanah Aasi said...

Congrats, Julie! I have no clue how I missed the awesome picture book post. I try to stay on top of things. :(

Julie H said...

I hope I didn't make people feel too badly! I just thought it was a great post that people would have more interest in than they did. Thanks for commenting, and stay tuned for the contest!