Wednesday, October 31, 2007

New Shoes!

Does anyone remember that line in The Toy where Fancy said, "New Boobs!" That's how I want you to read the title "New Shoes!" I bought them off of eBay. They are Descendents Vans. The Descendents have been one of my favorite bands since high school. Vans made special edition Descendents shoes, but I didn't buy them when they were in the Vans store because they weren't the slip-on type, and I was being lazy. But lately, I have really been wanting them. Sadly, since they are limited edition, they were nowhere to be found in regular shoe-purchasing arenas. But lo (low?) and behold-- they had a brand new pair on eBay in my size! And they weren't that expensive! And they came so fast! Tobin is sitting next to one of them right now. Here's a picture:
You know that feeling when you get a new pair of shoes that you just love to death? That's how I feel right now. I must remember this feeling. So rare.

4 comments:

Malathionman said...

Would you have paid more for a pair worn by one of The Descendents? And then would you wear them?

Julie H said...

That would be a no... I wore the shoes today, and they gave me a blister on my right heel. Sigh. Even the happy shoes couldn't be all that happy.

Malathionman said...

If you had bought them "worn-in" by The Descendents you may not have gotten that blister. :)

Julie H said...

But the smell-- the smell!!!