Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Zombies Invade My Dreams!

Last night I had terrible dreams about zombies. As you all know (or not), I am absolutely afraid of zombies. Not much scary-type stuff scares me (meaning, more real-type stuff scares me, like needles), except for zombies. I was trying to figure out why I had the dreams (plural, because they went on all night, even when I rolled over!). I’m sure there’s some zombie subconscious thing about why I’m afraid of them in the first place, but I could have had the dreams for three reasons:
1) One of my students did a book talk in the library yesterday on The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks
2) I have Walking Dead 2-4 next to my bed (although I didn’t read them)
3) I saw a commercial for 28 Weeks Later

I’m pretty sure the dreams were because of number 3. Those movies scare the crap out of me. Back to the dreams. They were SO SCARY. It was like I knew the zombies were coming, and I had to pack up the car perfectly full of supplies (a la Life As We Knew It, a book that also scared the crap out of me). I kept trying to pack winter clothes and boots and canned goods and anything we may need. Then my dad turned into a zombie and tried to come into the house. I couldn’t close the garage door… I feel panicky just thinking about it!

No comments: