Saturday, October 27, 2007

Artles

Today was a very cultural day. First my mom, Matt, and I went to see Gary Paulsen receive an award at the Chicago Public Library. He was so fantastic. I could listen to him tell stories for hours. Then we went to the Museum of Contemporary Art to see an exhibit called "Sympathy for the Devil: Art and Rock and Roll Since 1967." It was interesting, although, as I believe I've said before, I am no art critic. I like either what appeals to me visually or something that tells a good story. I'm not so much into the abstract stuff or the concept stuff or the annoyingly pretentious stuff. The best part of the exhibit (excuse me, ) was this room with several screen and an individual avant garde musician on each screen playing a different instrument (it was film, so you could see and hear them). One of the screens had this middle aged guy enthusiastically swinging some bells. My mom could not contain her laughter and was practically crying when a large group came into the room. We must have looked very classy. The other exciting part of the day happened when we were about to leave the parking lot and my mom discovered that she lost her phone. We had already paid for parking, so we had to run to and through the museum before our parking lot grace period ran out (do you guys know what I mean?). My keen eyes spotted the phone underneath the table that we ate lunch at in the museum restaurant. Art and excitement.

No comments: