Monday, July 19, 2010

Who are These People?

Monday morning.  Up early.  Trying to be a good girl and write the scene I am totally avoiding in GWS II (still not the real title).  It's the scene where Anna enters her new group therapy for the first time.  I don't know why it's so hard to write.  I think it may be because I have absolutely no idea where I am going with it.  Which wouldn't be unusual in itself with the way I write, but it feels unusual.  Why?  Is it because it's bringing back memories of my own post-mental hospital group therapy (which, truthfully, I barely remember)?  Is it because I have to think of a group of completely new people to write about, and I haven't a clue who they are?  What is it about this particular part of the book that's freezing me?  And now I hear Romy in the other room, awake, which means no more meaningful writing for me this morning (um, I'm not saying that I think my writing is super meaningful or anything, just, you know, it's hard to write when I hear Romy talking to her teddy bear, Gordy, over the baby monitor).  Matt thinks I will feel better if I write an outline, but that's just another form of writing, which will then be another form of anxiety.  No.  I would rather brave through these difficult times to eventually arrive on the other side with several new chapters in my hand.  Didn't I sound a little British just then?

Totally unrelated: Matt, Romy and I saw this guy:

Chef Rick Tramonto, at a suburban Corner Bakery yesterday.  This is funny because a) This guy was on Top Chef Masters (a show that I loooooove), b) He is a super famous chef who looks like a normal guy who decided he'd look really cool if he got mega tattoos on his arms announcing to the world that he is, indeed, a chef, and c) he was eating at a Corner Bakery.  It made my meal feel just a wee bit fancier.

No comments: