Tuesday, August 10, 2010

We're Romantics

Sorry for the absence, but Romy has a bad cold, which means little to no sleep for anyone.  Right now, she's in her crib coughing repeatedly, even though she was out cold when I put her down for a nap.  Poor kiddo.

I am apparently in the middle of torturing myself with doctor's appointments, since I am fifteen minutes away from a dentist appointment (not technically doctor-like torture, but still unpleasant).  The results of last week's blood draw were shared at my physical this week, and they weren't bad but they weren't good.  My cholesterol, which I was worried about, is normal, but my glucose (I think?) is a little high.  So the doctor gave me this diabetes diet, which essentially was like, "No carbs.  Don't even eat bananas or red apples because they have sugar!"  I think I may have heard everything she said to the extreme because she's not even making me go back to get it rechecked.  Seriously, I think the whole thing is because I eat dessert and candy EVERY day.  So, yeah, I did need to cut back.  But I don't want to change my entire eating lifestyle (and it's not a chub issue; I actually weight the least I've weighed since my super skinny college days.), and I don't want to feel guilty whenever I have a dessert.  I think I may call the doctor back and say, "Look, if I start eating (gag) brown rice, (gag) whole grain pasta and bread, and save the desserts for the weekend, am I OK?  Because I don't need any more food issues in my life."  Oh, and I'm also vitamin D deficient.  Which means I'll be a hunchback any day now.

More pleasant (but possibly frightening) is that someone finally put up this brilliant David Silver song from "90210."  I like to think of it as me and Matt's song.  Enjoy, and try not to heave.

7 comments:

joyce said...

um.....wow. i don't know how to thank you.

A fan said...

My hubby was told to go on a diabetic diet (he also LOVES candy, etc.) Was told the same thing about fruits, what a pain it was to look at the sugar content every time I went grocery shopping! Then we purchased a diabetic meter. He has kept his glucose in check ever since we got the meter. Well worth the investment. It is a tiny prick in his finger when he checks but I don't think your phobia of needles would affect your testing. It's not the same as a needle. Might want to look into the meters, made eating much easier along with grocery shopping. Oh and we also checked with a nutritionist to help with what was ok to eat and what wasn't ok. Doctors can make one panicky at times!!

Julie H said...

Joyce, you can thank me by keeping David's song alive. A Fan-- yeeeeah, not so much on keeping track of my blood. Glad it worked for you guys, though!

Brian James said...

Brian Austin Green is the MAN!

He rocks it, and the dancing...let's just say he was robbed of many an Emmy, not just for his work here, but also on Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles, in which his role made it a must-watch.

In a later 90210 episode, (I'm talking Peach Pit After Dark era) I believe he's turned his style to hip-hop, no?

sorry about the diet...does not sound fun. I also find any change to my routine like that affects my writing schedule...hope it's not the same for you.

Julie H said...

Do you love BAG so much because you share a name? There is so much to love. He did go hip-hop. And then he turned into a jingle writer.

So far no changes to my writing schedule...

Brian James said...

Namesake doesn't hurt, but the real reason is simply because he's the coolest.

Did you see the SNL Digital short he was in? Brilliant.

Julie H said...

No! Can you post a link? I couldn't find easily on youtube.