Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Panic! At the Ice Storm

I don't know why I'm such a weather wuss, but the news had me all in a panic that there was going to be an ice storm this morning and I would lose control of my car and get all mangled. So I waited and waited for the snow day phone call from work, but it never came. So I panicked and showered fast and got ready for work. The roads were not too bad, and it rained all day. I left work early in case it iced up (Yeah, wussy, I know, but I live many miles directly north of where I work, therefore closer to scarier winter weather). I just wanted to get home before it turned dark so I could see where I was driving and such. I really get myself all crazed. Now I wonder what's going to happen tonight. Will it all freeze? Will I see what an ice storm looks like? Will I get a snow day? I kind of want to see an ice storm, although I hear it is very dangerous and disastrous. I did see the movie The Ice Storm, when I lived in Australia, actually. That movie was so sickeningly depressing. I left the theater bawling my eyes out. I think part of it had to do with being in Australia in the middle of a Chicago winter but having it be 100 degrees (different hemisphere, and all). I missed the snow. But it was also just a horridly depressing movie. I don't like to think about it.

In far awesomer news, Season 3 of Beverly Hills 90210 is out this week. Sweeeet.

No comments: