Thursday, December 27, 2007

Milwaukee Rocks

Home from the in-law romp. Now the relaxing part of vacation begins. Not that I don't love visiting Matt's family, but it's never the most relaxing trip (as trips never are)-- trying to see as many relatives in as short amount of time as possible. I am a crazy person who likes things just so, and it's very hard for me to have other people schedule my days. I do love them, though, and always feel sad to leave. Matt's dad told a HILARIOUS story about an outhouse, but I have a feeling that Matt is going to blog and/or draw a comic about it and he will do a much better job with it.

We got out of Milwaukee perfectly the day after our flight was canceled-- I couldn't believe it, considering the freakishly high winds. I think if our flight were later in the day and out of O'Hare, we would have had another canceled flight (according to my mom). Driving to Milwaukee in the dark at 4:45 am with snow blowing and 40 miles per hour winds was so scary, and I was afraid the plane was going to fling away during our take-off. The only glitch we actually had was that the thing they use to connect the airport to the plane got frozen to our plane, so it took them a little while to unfreeze it. From now on, I am going to try and fly out of Milwaukee whenever possible, even if it costs a little more. The only thing I will miss about O'Hare is the awesome automatic toilet seat covers that you just wave your hand in front of a thing and they vroooom until a new one covers the toilet. And those will be missed. But not enough for the rest of the hassle.

No comments: