Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Oh Canada

Check this out: On one of my many internet searches for my name (What? You totally do it, too), I found my book listed at the Ottawa Public Library. Nothing too interesting about that, except that ever since the book came out, there have been at least fifteen holds on the book throughout the library system. And right now, it's up to twenty holds! No-wait!- while I was writing this post, it went up to twenty-one! How are the Canadians in Ottawa hearing so much about my book that so many people would put holds on it? I LOVE it. If anyone from Ottawa is reading this, say hello!

In other news, the Chicago Tribune article with me in it has brought me several fun contacts. I heard from my childhood public library and will be doing a presentation there in the Spring. And I heard from a high school friend who just happens to be the inspiration for the main nerd character in my new novel. And the crazy thing is, she emailed me on the exact day that I finished typing my novel with her in it! At least I think it's crazy.

Matt and I are watching a show right now about the foods of Chicago. I always get a little choked up, even when they're talking about nasty meat products, about my beloved Chicago. But I'm glad I don't live in the city anymore. I can't handle the noises and smells and parking. My attached garage is one of the greatest things I'll ever own.

I'm rambling. Tired. Hard to go back to work after a four-day weekend. Hump day tomorrow. And Project Runway! How many more days til winter break?

2 comments:

Malathionman said...

I have searched Malathionman, but never my real name. It's very ordinary, like "John Smith" so why bother?

Julie H said...

It's fun to find people with the same name though, don't you think? There's a guy named Matt Cordell (my husband's name) who's an Elvis impersonator.