Saturday, November 24, 2007

Barf

I don't know why I do this to myself, but I knew I was already over the crappy food limit and I still had to have one more piece of pie for breakfast. Oh well. NOW I am officially done. Maybe. I should probably throw the pie out to make it really official.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Matt and I do pretty much nothing to contribute to the meal that my mom and my sister make, except to pick up the pies from Baker's Square. Matt and I had a little bicker at The Square about when, someday in the distant future, we would prepare our own Thanksgiving. I said it'll never happen. I only once prepared a full-on guest meal in the four years I've lived in my house for Rosh Hashanah. It was a lot of work. I hope I'm not the only person on Earth who doesn't like to throw a dinner party. I'd rather go, eat, and leave when I want.

Matt and I braved some of the Black Friday shopping. A lot of the excellent deals were already sold out by the time we got to the mall- 9am Such a scam. But we still got a bunch of gifts, and it was pretty fun. One of our favorite day after Thanksgiving traditions is calling Matt's stepmom in South Caroline on her cell phone all morning, as she makes her way from one sale to another. She actually gets up at 3am to brave the sales. When we called her at 9am (10am her time) she was still going strong. Now that's stamina. I'd probably need an extra piece of pie to make it.

No comments: