Friday, August 03, 2007

She's Gone

I made a mistake. I stopped caring about So You Think You Can Dance, and now my favorite dancer is off. I guess it wasn't that important to me because I can't even remember her name (Sara?). But she was good and totally cute and will be missed.

I just spent two and a half hours at the library writing. I usually can only manage up to two hours, but I have been on a roll. I think it's because I finally know where this new book is headed, and I like it. I just hope that means when it is time to go back and edit the first portion, it doesn't suck. What's fun about writing is that I know the general direction and major plot points of the books, but the character development and little scenes just come about as I write. So when I went into the library today thinking I was going to write a particular scene, I ended up writing a lot of other scenes building up to it. In fact, when I go to write next, I still won't be at the scene I thought I was going to write today. Weird how the brain works.

Matt and I watched Extras on the plane rides to and from San Diego. It is soooo funny. Painful, at times, but great. I can't wait until season 2 arrives from Netflix. One of the best parts about the show is how much Matt was laughing aloud. He is not an emoter, and even when he thinks things are funny he's not a major laugher. But he was totally laughing on the airplane. It's so funny- laughing on airplanes. I remember when my sister and I were on a plane to somewhere and they were showing some movie, I forget what, and I blurted out a laugh (which is one of the many ways I laugh) and people around us turned to look at me. They were not watching the movie. It is a very unique circumstance: watching movies on planes. You are sharing a space, but not necessarily the same experience. Is there anything else like that?

Well, my visit to the San Diego Zoo has inspired me to start playing Zoo Tycoon again, so that's what I'm going to do now. Must save the endangered species!

No comments: