Friday, August 17, 2007

Second Novel Complete!

Well, I have done it. With essentially less than one week left of my summer freedom, I have finally finished the first draft of my second novel [wild cheers from the audience]. I'm not quite sure how the book is yet, seeing as I started writing two months ago, and I don't really look back much. I'd rather keep the forward momentum going and then deal with all of the changes when I begin to revise. My next step is to type all of the words into my computer, and I'm already trying to figure out a comfortable set-up. My laptop hurts my wrists too much, but my desktop keyboard is way too low right now. I believe the desktop is better ergonomically, so I may have to rearrange. Perhaps I will commit to five hours a week of typing or something. I don't know. I usually have to make a little schedule to get myself to do something. It's pretty exciting, though, so it shouldn't be too hard to get me to do it. The scary part will come after the typing is finished, when I have to print and actually read the book again. Then I'll write all over it and remember the parts where I just said, "Ah, I don't really know what to write here, so I'll just fix it later."

I have edited this post and taken out a poll I made where I asked for your opinion on the tentative title for my new book. I received two no votes (meaning, against the title), but I don't like the negative vibes so I took the poll down. I'm such a wuss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Julie!
It's not your birthday!
But we should still celebrate!

CONGRATS!!!!

I'm amazed. Can I read an early draft?