Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lucky

Last night we watched the documentary Lucky, made by the same brilliant peeps who made Spellbound.  Lucky is all about playing and winning the lottery.  It was crazy fascinating how each of the multi-million dollar winners spent their money and changed their lives.  And not necessarily in a good way.  Actually, almost all of them went downhill, except for one or two of them.  Interesting little lottery factoids were sprinkled throughout, and I really enjoyed it.  I think the point of the film, or at least what I got out of it, is that money, indeed, cannot buy you happiness and, in fact, may royally screw you up.  Be happy with what you have.  Another lesson learned was that I essentially have won the lottery.  I mean, not in the financial sense, because I have no idea, now that I quit my job, how long we can live the way we live without having to either a) change our "lifestyle" (which, totally, isn't a lifestyle, but more of just having things we have grown accustomed to) or b) me having to go back and get a job.  But otherwise, I sort of am living the lottery life in a weird way.  Quitting my job, doing what I want to be doing (taking care of my daughter and writing).  So, yeah, lucky.  I'm still allowed to be grumpy sometimes, though, right?

Speaking of grumpy, I updated my website a tiny bit yesterday.  It was a major pain in my ass, and Matt and I really need to get some less archaic web software.  That would require spending money on something we don't technically need, so, see above.  I changed up the links on the bottom of each page, changed a little on the home page, and added a page for my new novel, Don't Stop Now.  Nothing revolutionary.  I'm making a more interactive page for the book, with a map and links to all of the places the characters in the book visit, along with pictures from my own road trips.  However, with the way the web design is going, that may not happen until, well, I win the lottery.

No comments: