Sunday, September 13, 2009

57th Street Children's Book Fair

Today was perfection. The type of day where I keep thanking life over and over again. We (me, Matt, and Romy) drove an hour and a half South to the Hyde Park neighborhood in Chicago, where President Obama's Chicago home is, to attend the 57th Street Children's Book Fair. 57th Street Books is a fantastic book store that I had never been to, with a really cool, winding basement layout and a cute little bathroom (which I appreciated after the long drive). The store had a table set up where they invited local authors to come and sign copies of their books. Copies, I might add, that the bookstore paid for and then gave away to kids FOR FREE. How cool is that? And the area was so gorgeous, filled with unique and vast city homes, tasty restaurants, and old, leafy trees. We truly had the nicest day. On the ride home, we podcasted about the experience. So, for the first time, here is a podcast from Matt's car. Note the sound isn't as good (I don't think. Maybe because I'm holding instead of wearing the mic? Maybe the car is louder?), but the podcast does include an interview with Matt about his new picture book, TROUBLE GUM. Enjoy! And don't forget to check out my new book trailer on You Tube (see previous post). I'm super proud of it. Can you tell?

The Neverending Commute Episode 5

No comments: