Friday, July 06, 2007

Hot Hands

Our air conditioning is busted. The dude is coming out today. I hope it's just the freon. From living in the city, we at least have a window air conditioner for the bedroom. Ah, the joys of adulthood.

Yesterday was my four year wedding anniversary. Matt and I had a great day, going to two good restaurants (for lunch and dinner, not for one meal) and visiting the Volo Auto Museum. It was much cooler than I thought it would be. They had some famous cars (like the car from Ghostbusters! And the car from Back to the Future!), and then they had several showrooms filled with amazing, restored old cars-- all for sale! And some of them were pretty reasonably priced, so then I get to thinking about how cool it would be to drive a giant, old car with a huge steering wheel and fabulous, sparkling seats. I would be so afraid of messing it up, though. I doubt I could even fit one of those old cars in my garage. Of course I can't remember a single name of any of the kinds of cars, so forgive me for not having pictures.

I have decided that I am going to take my new novel in a different direction than I have been writing. It's actually more the direction I originally intended on writing, but somehow got sidetracked with a plot that made the main character somewhat unlikable. I mean, it's OK to be a little unlikable, but I don't think it went with the character at all. It had to do with betrayal and cheating and ick like that. But that means I have to go back and rewrite portions, which I usually don't like to do until I'm finished with the book. I think I will feel better about the whole thing when I'm done. Whenever that will be...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I already wished you a Happy Anniversary but I never got to sing to you...

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary

Haaappy Anniversary

Pour a cheerful toast and fill it

Happy Anniversary

But be careful you don't spill it

Happy Anniversary

Ooooo

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary

Haaappy Anniversary

Happy she and happy he

They're both as happy as can be

Celebrating merrily

Their happy anniversary

Ooooo

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary

Haaappy Anniversary

We now state emphatically

Its happy anniversary

Not another day could be

A happy anniversary

Ooooo

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary

Happy (slow)

Happy (slow)

Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy (fast)

Anniversary!!!

Anonymous said...

What about the car from Needful Things?

Julie H said...

I don't think so. Are you thinking of Christine? That was there. And it was eeeevilllll.