Monday, July 23, 2007

3 Days Later...

I'm watching 28 Days Later on FX. FX is one of three cable channels we get, and they are driving me insane with their constant corner adds for their new TV show "Damages." It's so freaking annoying- The one that's on during the entire movie is huge, and then every five minutes or so they have a live action, complete with sound, ad in the corner. It is ruining the movie. This movie drives me insane, it's so scary. I have nightmares about zombies. I know they're not technically zombies, but close enough. Even scarier, almost, because of their aggression and speed. I have already cried once during this movie, when the beautiful Cillian Murphy discovers that his parents killed themselves. I don't know why I continue to watch. So is the nature of the zombie flick. Speaking of... I leave for Comic-Con very soon. One of the panels I'm most looking forward to is seeing George Romero (the creator of Night of the Living Dead and the king of the modern [um, were there any classical? Ancient?] zombie flick) speak with Max Brooks, author of two fabulous zombie books (World War Z and The Zombie Survival Guide). I think I may have to watch that panel alone because it coincides with a panel on Guy Delisle. I would really like to see that one, too, since I've read his comics, but I can't miss the zombies. It's kind of annoying that there are so many good things to see at one time! We're bringing our laptop, so I will try to blog on the trip. I never know what famous nerd-magnets I may run into at The Con!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

28 days is a seriously good movie for sure. Wait till you see 28 weeks later, there is a scene that bothered me for days after I saw it! Good luck at the con!

E

Julie H said...

I'm afraid to see it. Matt didn't want to see it in the theater because "you know it's not going to have a happy ending." I almost cried when I saw the preview. It's definitely interesting that zombie movies make me cry because other scary movies don't even scare me. I'm tough that way. Unless you put a zombie in front of me. Please don't put a zombie in front of me.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know. Cable TV is going nuts with those stupid corner ads. They had the most obnoxious one on VH1 or something where I swear it took up almost half the screen! But, in defence of Damages, I did see the first episode and it was pretty good.