Monday, July 09, 2007

Comic Crazy

I am in the midst of planning craziness. I should never have decided to go to the San Diego Comic-Con again. But I knew how excited Matt would get, and I did enjoy it the one time I went. The deal is, I love to schedule. LOVE it. And they just came out with the schedule for the Comic-Con, which is amazing. And not just for comic dorks. It is also pleasing for cartoon dorks and Buffy dorks. The sucko is, they scheduled too many of the things I want to see at the same time! I don't know what I am going to do on the Saturday, when they have a Futurama panel (with all of the real actors who do the voices- and the last time Matt and I went, this was my favorite thing to see. It was so funny!) at the same-ish time (they overlap anyway) as Ray Bradbury and Ray Harryhausen (the guy who produced Clash of the Titans!) which overlaps with Joss Whedon (who I admire greatly but kind of annoyed me with his cocky unpreparedness the last time I saw him). Oh, and Jeff Smith (great comic book guy who created Bone) is also in that time period. What to do?! I really love Ray Bradbury and have never seen him speak, but Futurama... It was really funny last time, trust me. The guy who does the voice for Bender really talks like that! Oh I don't know. It's 11:30 at night, and I am all freaked out and will have scheduling-type nightmares now. One thing I can go to is a strange talk given by Nicolas Cage and his son (not the one named after Superman) about comics! That should be crazy. I think I shall raise my hand and ask him to say, "My wang," and see what he says. That's from Peggy Sue Got Married, in case you didn't know. I better try and get some sleep. Although it's not like I have to go to work tomorrow. I do have to go to the library and write, but I'm not scheduled until the afternoon (and that is going quite well, thank you). Snoozers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo. What other Buffy activities will they have?

Julie H said...

Joss Whedon is pretty much it, except for a Saturday night sing-along to "Once More with Feeling."

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh! That would be scary and funny at the same time. You know the lyrics by heart, don't you?