Tamora Pierce is the goddess of young adult fantasy literature. I have spent countless hours with her characters in Tortall, and once had a student who used her books as security blankets, checking several out per day just to carry around the school. Tamora is currently working on MASTIFF, the end of the Beka Cooper trilogy, and on a collection of short stories for Random House. And she has her own Cafepress store! You can visit Tamora on the web at tamorapierce.com.
The following questions are based on James Lipton's questions from Inside the Actors Studio, which, in turn, are based on the Proust Questionnaire. One of the questions is about swearing, so as Tamora("aka the Pottymouth of Full Cast Audio") says-- Brace yourself!
Ladies and gentlemen, I present-- Tamora Pierce!
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Nature and music
4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Loud-mouthed bullies and drunks.
5. What sound or noise do you love?
The wind in the trees or a cat's purr.
6. What sound or noise do you hate?
Voices raised in fury.
7. What is your favorite curse word?
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
9. What profession would you not like to do?
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
"Ya done good, kid."
Next Thursday's author: Andrew Smith!