I blogged yesterday and said that there were less than two days until our first author questionnaire, which was technically true, but completely off. I think I thought it was Wednesday when I wrote that, but goodie for you because it's already Friday! First, though, I would like to congratulate the winner of the Get Well Soon audiobok contest, janetfaye! Happy listening, janetfaye!
Now, on to the questions.
Ellen Wittlinger is by far one of favorite YA authors. Her stories and characters stay with me long after I finish her books, which says a lot since I tend to expel book memories like gas (excuse me). Her newest book is Love & Lies: Marisol's Story which is a follow-up to Hard Love, a Printz Honor and Lambda Award winner. You can visit Ellen on the web at ellenwittlinger.com.
The following questions are based on James Lipton's questions from Inside the Actors Studio, which, in turn, are based on the Proust Questionnaire. One of the questions is about swearing, so please excuse our French.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present-- Ellen Wittlinger!
1. What is your favorite word? puppy
2. What is your least favorite word? should
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? art of all kinds
4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? high humidity
5. What sound or noise do you love? my children singing
6. What sound or noise do you hate? sirens
7. What is your favorite curse word? Shit!
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? photographer or actor
9. What profession would you not like to do? minister
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "I saw you on Oprah!"
Next week's author: Barry Lyga! (I'm going boy girl, see?)