Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Linkage

Today is feeling rather random in my brain (and so cloudy and cold and tired), that I will blog some randomness as well.

First off is this insane contest that blogger Natalie Whipple is holding over at Between Fact and Fiction.  She is actually giving away writing critiques (that's what "crit" is short for, right?) if you pre-order MY book!  Can you believe it?  How awesome is she?  I sooooo did not put her up to that at all.  Really so sweet.  And also quite sweet of her to read other people's writing.  I am horrible when others ask me to read their stuff.  My brain shuts down or something.  Or something.  That was rather brain-shutting-down-esque, wasn't it?

Next off, my boy Zak Bagans of Ghost Adventures (um, he is so not my boy.  I mean, I watch his show and enjoy his antics very much, but I don't think that makes him my boy.  Did you know some people actually get Ghost Adventures tattoos?) wrote a book.  It is now available for pre-order on Amazon.  And, like, in the top 200 on Amazon.  I wonder what I have to do to get that high on Amazon.  Maybe I can pretend my house is haunted and make a TV show about it.  Not that he pretends.  But I would have to, since my house isn't haunted.  Except by ants, mice, and a groundhog.
This is the groundhog.  That is a plastic owl in the foreground, if you were wondering.

In a little over a week, I will be in Rochester for the Rochester Teen Book Festival.  I am stoked, but with this weird weather, it is making it very hard to pre-plan my wardrobe.  Which makes me sound fancy and extravagant, but really means I want to choose weather-appropriate clothes that are super cute, flattering, and a tiny bit comfortable. 

Lastly, I have a post over at Tor.com about character creation in gaming and writing.  Check it out!  Please!  I'm here all night, ladies and germs.

No comments: