Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Countdown to 500!!!

Ladies and Germs, this is post 498!  To begin my countdown to 500, I have a few things for you.  To start, leading up to #500 I'm going to highlight past posts that I think exemplify me as a blogger.  That doesn't mean they are well-written or profound, but they are ones I remember writing and ones that still, for the most part, make me laugh.

But before I post the links to my PAST, here is a contest of the FUTURE!  Anyone who posts comments OR links my 500th post to their blog (you have to either comment to let me know that you do that, or email me at julie@juliehalpern.com) about my blog retrospective this week will automatically be entered to win ANY of the books you see on this bookshelf (autographed, of course):

That means not only my books, but those written and/or illustrated by my gifted husband, Matthew Cordell.  One comment per post will be entered into the contest, and I will even count comments from yesterday's post.  Sorry, but I can only ship within the US.  The winner will be announced on Friday, my 501st post!

On Thursday, Rosh Hashanah, and the proposed date of my 500th Blog Post, I will also reveal the brand new paperback cover for INTO THE WILD NERD YONDER!  Could this week get more fabu?

Now for the retro posts.  Click on the number to get to the post:

POST ONE: The full story of how I made my appearance on Antiques Roadshow.  Very early in my blogging career.  Possibly pre-spellcheck.  I mean, not before it existed, but before I remembered to use it.

POST TWO:  Nothing special, but a classic Julie posting.  I think the first few lines are brilliant, if I do say so myself.  I laughed out loud.


POST THREE: A warm and fuzzy story about a field trip with my middle school students to downtown Chicago.  Still a really great day.

POST FOUR: Read one of the nicest things a student has ever said about my library. [with an annoying typo]

I hope you enjoy!  More tomorrow!

7 comments:

jpetroroy said...

Love the comment you got about your library. I want to get one of those someday :)

Congrats on 500! I'm always so pleased when your blog pops up in my Google Reader. We see the world in a very similar way :(

Megan said...

Great picks for your retrospective! I saw you on Antiques Roadshow this summer, so it was cool to read about your experience. My grandma's house was on a short-lived similar show called Find!, where the appraisers go to someone's house and appraise a bunch of the cool old stuff in it. I didn't get to be on it, though. I also liked the school posts from before I was there- verey interesting!

Happy 500!

A fan said...

Trying again!! Have entered every contest you and your talented hubby have had but no luck so here I go again!! :) Can't link to a blog because I'm not a blogger, read lots of them but don't blog myself. Looking forward to your 500, no pressure, just curious as to what we'll be reading!! Congrats!! I've enjoyed them all.

molly. said...

I'm close to 500 posts too. 11 away actually. I haven't been blogging nearly as much as you though...I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. But I would love to have my own copy of one of your books (Nerds particularly) in my book shelf!

Julie H said...

Thanks to all for the celebration and comments! Good luck in the contest!

Emily said...

How wonderful to have those nice comments about your library from a student. Those really mean the most :)

Congrats on the upcoming 500th post!

Heather said...

It doesn't seem like it has been long enough for 500 posts.