Wednesday, March 05, 2008

80s Idol

Watching Idol right now. Some chick is singing a Journey song. Not even close. Steve Perry has one of the greatest voices in rock. Who does she think she is?

We had our Gary Gygax celebration at Dungeons and Dragons Club today. We each said something nice about D&D, like what it brought to our life, and then I had the students give three huzzahs to Gary. I don't know why, but there's something about "huzzah" that I find super funny. Really Renaissance Faire/Drama Clubby/role-playing-ish. Love it. And the kids were so sincere! They shouted it out, and it rang throughout the library. Made me proud.

Sad news about Patrick Swayze. I really like him. Loved him, of course, in Dirty Dancing and Ghost, and he was fantastic in that crappy movie, To Wong Foo. A perfect woman (transvestite woman). I also think he's a better dancer than John Travolta. I don't know why I feel the need to compare the two, but it just seems logical. Travolta lost me a lot when he announced the Scientology thing, but I would think Swayze a better dancer either way. He has such control and grace. I really hope he fights this. Ga-gong!

No comments: