Tuesday, July 14, 2009

ALA Chi-Town Part One

Wow. What a weekend! ALA was so fun that I think I forgot about most of it. It was really stressful, though, being a librarian, a mom, and an author. I don't think I did any of the three particularly well this weekend. No, I take that back. I think I did the mom piece really well. Romy was great and so comfy and slept perfectly, so I handled that. In fact, I think I may have mommed it up a bit too much sometimes (see Andrew Smith's post on our conversation with Sarah Dessen. I think I talked about breastfeeding with every person I met). Some-- and certainly not all-- of the highlights of my trip: a great dinner with some fabulous librarians on Friday night (where I managed to steer the conversation into Top Chef territory upon the arrival of some scallops as an appetizer), watching a swarm of librarians surround my husband for his book signing on Saturday, hanging out with a very cool group of book bloggers on Saturday afternoon, meeting and greeting the sweetest group of librarians at the YA Author Coffee Klatch, having a big ol' line myself on Sunday at my own signing. Since I have to go RIGHT NOW to take Romy to her Music Masters class, I will just leave you with some pictures until I can get back to blogging more specifically about people and events and such. There will be more words and pictures to come. Click on each picture for a larger version.

Me and Romy at the Feiwel and Friends booth, signing copies of Get Well Soon.

The whole family signing!


Me, Romy, and author Andrew Smith.


Romy and Mo Willems having a staredown!


Me, Romy, and Uri Shulevitz!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What fun! Romy should have had a pen in her hand too