Monday, August 20, 2012

The Site

Over the weekend I updated my website and added a Have a Nice Day page. It's not so fancy, but it's official! Nice to have a starred review blurb to put up there. Keep 'em coming! My webpage is one of those things that took forever to make, and I know is rife with mistakes and needs major updating (little link problems here, an incorrect date there) but Matt and I use some archaic web program he has on his old Mac. It takes me twenty minutes just to change one picture. I guess that's why blogs are so popular: no muss, no fuss. I don't think I have ever typed the words a) rife or b) muss. A groundbreaking blog today, for sure.

In other news, I am adding some appearances for my upcoming Have a Nice Day Tour. I just made that up. It's not really a tour. Or, if it is, it's a very short tour, spaced rather far apart. Check out the "sightings" listings on the right side of my blog for upcoming, well, sightings. I'm stoked to be appearing at Anderson's Young Adult Literature Conference and the Sheboygan Children's Book Festival! I will also be selling handmade cards (Matt and I have a Gocco printing press that we used years ago to make adorable cards with Matt's artwork on them) at a craft fair in Chicago, along with my friend, Lillian, and her sweet kiddie barrettes. I'll post the dates and place for that when I remember to. Craft fairs are weird: when Matt and I first made these cards, we went to two craft fairs with them. At the first one, everyone seemed way more interested in the Dale Earnhart, Jr. pillows at the booth next door. At the second, I don't even remember what happened. Not very many sales, I tell you what. So Matt gave up on the craft fair scene, but I am having one more go with Lillian. It should be fun, right? As long as we're not next to a NASCAR pillow booth. Really, who can compete with that?

2 comments:

Betsy said...

I have a Dale Earnhart, Jr. cardboard cutout you could borrow for your booth. The old bait and switch. Lure them over with Dale and dazzle them with your cards.

I cannot emphasize enough that I am not now, nor have I ever been a NASCAR fan.

Julie H said...

That is a fine idea. He can even wear some of my friend's barrettes!