Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Flow

Sorry I haven't been blogging very frequently. We've had a gross plague going around the house, and I got it the worst. I always get it the worst. I am going to quote myself from one of my earliest blog posts: "If I were a Dungeons and Dragons character, I would have a low constitution. I think I'd be an elf. Probably a bard." Ha. I think that is one of the funniest things I have ever written. Or, at least, one that sticks in my head, which says a lot since my ears leak memories like my nose is leaking boogers (too much?). I have been juggling the kiddo, who doesn't start school until mid-September, my freakish desire to play Medieval Sims, my guilt about exercise (should I when I'm sick? Is it a good excuse not to?), and my fear over my upcoming novel-writing. As of now, I am almost finished typing up the first six chapters that I wrote over a year ago. My goal is to type them up, fix all of the names (for some reason, the characters' names keep changing), do a bit of a revision, and then actually send them off to my editor. I NEVER do this-- show my work to my editor before my book is complete. But this time around, and maybe because it's been such a long time since I started writing the book, I will show it to her. There are some technical details I want to run by her.But first I have to actually type it up. And fix stuff. And blow my nose. Again.

No comments: