Monday, June 02, 2008

Cousins, but No Pancakes

This weekend we celebrated my Grandma Sylvia's 90th birthday. Cousins and aunts and uncles came in from all over the country. I loved seeing everyone, and I particularly love the relationships I have with my many cousins, whom I rarely get to see since we all live so far away from each other. I set up a cousins breakfast for the day after the birthday party, and every one of the cousins made it (except for Daniel and Leslie, who are home pregnant with twins). We went to a tasty breakfast place, but they didn't have pancakes. I really wanted pancakes. I still want pancakes, in fact, and I saw this ad for a place called Apple Holler, where they have all you can eat strawberry pancakes! It's all I can think about! I am trying to convince the family to go with me this weekend. I think it could work because we're also thinking about going to the Kenosha Outta Site Kite Flight- a kite flying extravaganza- nearby to Apple Holler. I'll let you know how it goes, and if I ever manage to get my pancakes. Yes, this is all I can think to write about these days. Wait until two weeks, when school is over, and I have to start revising my novel again. Hopefully, I'll have had my fill of pancakes by then.

No comments: