Jill S. Alexander is the author of the delightful THE SWEETHEART OF PROSPER COUNTY. I say delightful, although I have not yet read the book (I will! I swear it! I'm a school librarian and am always 2-3 season behind in my reading. But I promise I will!), because the cover is delightful and Jill herself seems delightful. Enough of that word. She has a great looking website, jillsalexander.com, and a wonky blog (her word, not mine) called "Welcome to the Wonky Tonk," where she muses often about Southern things. I look forward to reading more and hearing more from Jill. (if she ever speaks to me again. I was being sincere about wanting and planning to read the book.)
The following questions are based on James Lipton's questions from Inside the Actors Studio, which, in turn, are based on the Proust Questionnaire. One of the questions is about swearing, so please excuse our French.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present Jill S. Alexander!
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
Booyah! Time to stop with the BOOYAHS, folks.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Music inpsires me.
4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Whining. I don’t do whining.
5. What sound or noise do you love?
I absolutely love the sexy rumble of a ’69 Mustang Boss 429 engine.
6. What sound or noise do you hate?
The monotonous drone of a treadmill.
7. What is your favorite curse word?
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
In my dreams, I teach country and western dancing. Two-step, Waltz, Swing, The Slide, line-dancing – the whole HonkyTonk package.
9. What profession would you not like to do?
Chris Brown’s publicist
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
You hear that? That’s your grandfather leading the Hallelujah Gloryland Full-on Gospel Choir, and he’s been expecting you.
Next Thursday's author: Nina Hess!