Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cake Love

First thing’s first: check out this fancy interview with my insanely talented husband, Matthew Cordell, at jamespreller.com (Matt just finished illustrating Preller’s new picture book, Mighty Casey, out in March!). I like to read the answers he gives. Usually he doesn’t surprise me, but I was very surprised that he said his favorite dessert was cake. Because that’s my favorite dessert, and I’m much more of a dessert person that he. However, his fave cake is chocolate, whereas I prefer a yellow with buttercream frosting (or whip cream). Mmmmm. Cake. Strange that today my assistant went to a little bakery that we like to buy a piece of my favorite local cake, and they were out of it! The funny thing is that the cake in question was, gasp, County Fair Chocolate Cake! Yes, a chocolate cake. Which I would never just order, except in this instance because it’s SOOOOOO good. I can’t believe they were out of it. What if I really needed it? What if I was having a horrid day, and the only thing that would make me feel better is a piece of that delightful cake and they failed me?! FAILED me. I’m getting all worked up. If only I had a piece of cake to calm me down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chocolate cake rocks! You totally made me want some by that description. Go ahead, eat another piece! That little one will be doing kung-fu practice in there!

e

Julie H said...

You will be happy to know that I did get a piece of that cake today. My assistant called ahead and had them reserve two pieces of cake for us. Sweeeet.