Saturday, January 27, 2007

J.T.'s Dead!

Does anyone who reads my blog watch Degrassi? Not the old school Degrassi, but the new stuff on The N [cable channel I can only watch at my parents' house]? If not, go to http://www.the-n.com/ and click on "The Click." You can watch episodes from the current season. Anywho, they just killed off a main character, J.T. An obnoxious student of mine told me he was going to die (I had already guessed it, but I didn't want to believe I was right) because he figured out a way to download the episodes from a Canadian website, where they air earlier than here in America. Even knowing who was going to die, the episode was very emotional. I couldn't hold back the tears. I loved that character. He was the Joey Jeremiah of this generation- a clown with heart. Sigh. J.T., you will be missed.

I hope that when Get Well Soon (my novel, out September 2007!) comes out that Degrassi is still on. And after that I hope that teens read my blog. Cause then we can discuss Degrassi.

If anyone is interested, I found this article about the publisher of my book. When people ask me who's publishing Get Well Soon, I tell them Feiwel and Friends, which no one has heard of. Here's a link to an article that explains it: http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/newstex/RBI-0072-13309119.htm

The galleys for my novel come out in March, which means that reviewers should start receiving copies. Yikes! I am going to change my web page to make it more "teen," so I have to figure that out. My goal is to do it before the galleys come out, but I'll have to find the time. I usually just build my webpage through HTML, but that's super time consuming. I'm thinking I may explore Dreamweaver. Matt's very good with it, although I'm annoying and don't like to ask for help. Stay tuned.

No comments: