Monday, May 13, 2013

F-It List ARC Winner and a Nap

I know I said the contest would end on Friday, but I wasn't sure if people read blogs on weekends. The winner of The F-It List ARC is... Vivien! Thank you to all who entered. I may have another contest next month. I mean, sheesh, the book won't be out for another six months! Hopefully my blogging will become more regular, and I'll gain some readers back. Although, I am having a baby in a month or two, so who knows how that will affect my blogging. Maybe the baby will be a natural born blogger.

So onto naps. I am now having the problem of falling asleep every time Game of Thrones is on. I don't know if it's that the show is boring, but it must be relaxing enough to put me out. Or maybe it's just so overly saturated with characters that my brain can't handle it and shuts down. No, I haven't read the books, but I imagine my brain exploding from all of the characters and locations. It's starting to remind me of Deadwood in that I feel compelled to watch, but I have no idea what's going on. I'm a simple gal. Well, occasionally, anyway. I was pleased with having my favorite Aussie actor, Noah Taylor, onscreen, even though his character was all gross and hand-cutty. Is he gone forever? Is his character anything but icky? And was anyone else annoyed that the skanky chicks who were all over that guy with the jacked-up teeth (um, seriously, that's how well my brain remembers anything from that show) had overly groomed pubes? They couldn't find an actress to seem more of the time? If there were a time with dragons and whatnot. You know what I mean.

I better go. I still haven't sent my acknowledgements page to my editor. I don't know why it's driving me into madness. Nobody read them when The F-It List comes out, just in case they sound like I'm signing your eighth grade yearbook.

No comments: