Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Have a Nice Day! Today!

Have a Nice Day, my fourth novel and the sequel to Get Well Soon, is out in stores today! Kirkus gave it a starred review (still waiting on more reviews. Do I see stars?) and said, "Biting wit makes this quest for suburban normalcy in the face of depression and anxiety both laugh-out-loud funny and immensely intelligent." They also called it "fresh as a daisy and sharp as a tack" (love that). In honor of the release, it's time for a contest! If you'd like to win signed copies of both Get Well Soon and Have a Nice Day, all you have to do is find Have a Nice Day in the wild (you know, a book store or library) and take a picture of it. Then send the picture to me at one of these three places:
  1. email it to julie@juliehalpern.com
  2. tweet it to @julie_halpern
  3. post it to facebook at facebook.com/halpern.julie
All who post a picture will be entered! And you get one entry for each place you post it (so three max). You have one week (I'll announce the winner on Tuesday, October 23). Good hunting!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey cool blog! I'm on the TAC and this is my information.
Maxwell Brady
bllewxam@yahoo.com
I didn't sign up for the original contest because i didn't know there was a contest

Anonymous said...

I got a copy of Have A Nice Day for Christmas, and I actually just finished it (yep, been a bit lazy. Normally I read much faster.) I loved it, it was an amazing book, and the choice of words was surprising, but it fit well with the style of writing you chose. I might have to get a second copy, like I did for Get Well Soon. I write notes in the margins on one, for book reports and stuff, and the other I would just use to re-read once in awhile. Sorry for the long comment, I just thought that it was a really nice book, and a lot of work must have gone into making it. Don't think I could ever have the patience to do something like that. c:
Have a nice day (wow that fit in well with the topic...)

Julie H said...

Kat2000, I love that you received a copy of HAND for Christmas! And it's also very cool to learn of a reader's process. What a good idea! So glad you liked the book. It's probably my favorite of mine so far. Am I allowed to say that? :)