Kristina Springer is the adorable author of the new release, The Esspressologist. I shared a cab with her and Margarita Engle this past summer at ALA. We probed Margarita about what it was like to have a million golden awards covering her book. Kristina has a beautiful and bubbly website, kristinaspringer.com. And she has four kids! Way to go! Must be all the coffee.
The following questions are based on James Lipton's questions from Inside the Actors Studio, which, in turn, are based on the Proust Questionnaire. One of the questions is about swearing, so please excuse our French.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present Kristina Springer!
1. What is your favorite word? love
2. What is your least favorite word? poop
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Quiet (because I don’t get a lot of it) and meet ups with other writers usually gets me recharged.
4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Chaos and a calendar that’s way overfilled.
5. What sound or noise do you love? My kids laughing.
6. What sound or noise do you hate? When all four kids are screaming at the same time. OMG. It’s loud.
7. What is your favorite curse word? Shit. But I don’t really curse too much. Trying to be good in front of the kids!
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Talk show host.
9. What profession would you not like to do? Politician.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? The chocolate river is on your left, that giant cappuccino fountain over there never turns off, and oh, did I mention there are no calories here? :-)
Next Thursday's author: Josh Berk!