Thursday, July 13, 2006


As many of you know, I have terrible problems sleeping. Because of this, Matt and I put Tobin (our cat) in the basement sometimes overnight. The basement is finished, complete with couches, carpet, and his litter box, and we put his food and water down, too. All the comforts of home, right? Tobin is not a naïve kitten, but this morning when I opened the door to get him, a plastic Dominick’s bag was wrapped around his middle! He had somehow snuffled through the handle and stretched his way through until he was stuck. Thank God (and I really do thank him) that Tobe did not get it stuck around his neck. I love this little guy so much, and don’t know what I would have done. But why did he stick his head in there in the first place? He’s a smart guy- almost ten years-old! Such a guilt trip he’s giving me. So what do I do now? Not put him in the basement? Drift into insanity due to lack of sleep? Needless to say, he’ll be sleeping on my bed tonight. Will I?

No comments: