Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Going Back

Well, it is almost here. I go back to work in less than a week. It's crazy to think that three months have passed. I am semi OK with it because I have a nasty case of cabin fever. I wish we could take Romy out, but we're being REALLY careful because she was a preemie and preemies don't have developed immune systems. This is also why I am so hellbent on breastfeeding her. It helps build up all sorts of immunities. But, lo and behold, Romy is allergic to something in my breast milk. So if I want to keep breastfeeding, I have to cut out all dairy and soy. Which maybe wouldn't be a problem for some people, but considering I am mainly a vegetarian and eat TONS of soy and ice cream and cheese, this is REALLY HARD. I have only been doing it for a few days, but I am struggling to find good stuff to eat. I now have breakfast covered with rice milk (my day is nothing without a good bowl of cereal), but the rest of the day is a lot harder. Hopefully I only have to do it for three months. The doctor said at six months she may already be fine with things. We shall see...

IN cool, bookish news, here is an article about librarians who are also authors featured in the new issue of VOYA magazine. I wonder if I had sent a bigger picture of myself if I would have ended up in those little blocks of people pictures. Hee hee. Anyway, it's a great article, and I think I sound funny. The only poop is that it lists my old book title for my new book (because I didn't know the actual title at the time of the interview). So it's not Roll for Initiative anymore. It's Into the Wild Nerd Yonder! Oh yeah! I am still patiently awaiting pictures of the cover from the most awesome designer, Rich Deas. He designed the cover for Get Well Soon, and also many other very greatly-covered books. I can't wait to see it!

No comments: