Friday, November 07, 2008

Romy


Well, um, I had my baby six weeks early, and now life is a whirlwind. Her name is Romy Bess, and she was born on November 1 at 3:55 a.m. after 25 hours of labor. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Since she was born at 33 weeks, she is still at the hospital in the Infant Special Care Unit. She is around five pounds and sooooo cute. Her hair seems to be blonde, and it would be amazing if she stayed a blonde, since I am so dark in every way. She was breathing on her own almost immediately, the biggest concern for preemies, so now we're just working on her eating and jaundice. But she is doing SO well, they think she may be home next week! I can't wait. Just know my blogs will be either a) just as sporadic as they were during my pregnancy or b) all about Romy. Gush.

3 comments:

Dan Shapiro said...

She's just as beautiful as mom. Welcome to the family, Romy!

Anonymous said...

she is GORGEAS and i 'm not just saying that. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

btw- my sister was born at 2 pounds and she's fine now.