The Proust Questionnaire is back, without a day in its title, because that is how my blogging rolls right now. After this, I have one more author's answers, and the Questionnaire will go on hiatus indefinitely. S'all good.
NICE AND MEAN, comes out this June. She is running her first ARC giveaway on her blog (www.jessicaleader.com/blog), where people can also win other books and bookmarks.Visit her at www.jessicaleader.com.
The following questions are based on James Lipton's questions from Inside the Actors Studio, which, in turn, are based on the Proust Questionnaire. One of the questions is about swearing, so please excuse our French.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present Jessica Leader!
1. What is your favorite word? "Yank." I would use it in every scene I wrote if nobody noticed. Also, "Marvy."
2. What is your least favorite word? "Precious." Barf.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Unalike people coming together.
4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Lack of curiosity.
5. What sound or noise do you love? My wedding present seltzer maker making seltzer just for me.
6. What sound or noise do you hate? Wedding present pots and pans, scraping against each other. They're like a blessing and a curse.
7. What is your favorite curse word? The Sh word. It's concise.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Olympic gymnast, now and forever.
9. What profession would you not like to do? Anything that involves telling people to turn down their music. I falter. I cringe.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "You were right! You were right about almost everything!"
Next week's author: Jessica Verday!