Cynthia Omololu (or is it C.J.? Or Cynthia Jaynes? So many choices!) is the author of the new novel, Dirty Little Secrets. This book has a lovely teenager on the cover with sexy, puffy lips, a new trend in YA. Where do they find all of these girls with puffy lips? How do they get their jobs as book cover starlets? The answer to questions other than these can be found at Cynthia's website.
The following questions are based on James Lipton's questions from Inside the Actors Studio, which, in turn, are based on the Proust Questionnaire. One of the questions is about swearing, so please excuse our French.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present Cynthia Omololu!
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
My favorite song - whichever one that is at the moment.
4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
When I wake up in the middle of the night obsessively worrying about
something stupid. It's never that bad in the morning.
5. What sound or noise do you love?
My kids coming through the door after school.
6. What sound or noise do you hate?
The dog howling when my son plays the trumpet.
7. What is your favorite curse word?
Damnable. Unfortunately, you had to say it in the 19th century to not look
like an ass.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
CSI investigator, but only like it is on TV.
9. What profession would you not like to do?
Social worker. Everyday heartbreak.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at
the Pearly Gates?
Dangit, we grabbed the wrong list again - you really have thirty more years.
Oh, and because we messed up the body you had, we're going to have to give
you this one. It's only 28 years old, but still in good shape.
Next week's author: Jessica Leader!