Friday, December 11, 2009

List of Six

My husband, the magnificently talented Matthew Cordell (you should see the new picture book he is working on for Lauren Thompson! It made me cry last night) has a monthly feature on his blog about his top ten favorite things of the month. I don't feel like committing to doing that right now, but I am always up for a list. So here is a list of things in my brain right now (RIGHT NOW!):

1. The Duggars. I can't get enough of the 18 Kids and Counting family. This morning I saw a 16 kids episode. They have to keep changing the name of the show! Because they keep having kids! The mom looked so different! Bizarre bangs surrounding her face. And the kids all wore matching clothes. That were homemade. Not anymore. TV really has changed them. For the better? Don't know, but I can't stop watching them. I have so many questions I would ask them. Do any of them NOT want to have kids when they grow up? Is Mama Duggar just one big mushball under her clothes? Do all of the girls have their periods at the same time? These questions are all kind of gross. Moving on.

2. The JK Rowling documentary on the Half Blood Prince DVD. It made me love her even more than I already do. It made me remember where I was when I first read Sorcerer's Stone-- how it wasn't even ANYTHING yet-- and then it was EVERYTHING. It made me relate to her as an author. Like, I'm an author, and I really am, because all of the things Jo was talking about with her writing is stuff I can relate to. And I never really thought that before. Or at least, not as much as Jo made me. Magical.

3. My DVR. Yes, I love it. Just like you all promised. We watch stuff and fast forward stuff and demand stuff whenever we want. So excellent.

4. My XM Radio is possessed. Seriously. The programmed buttons keep changing. How does that happen? And yet, I like the channels that it chooses for me.

5. Clementines. I can't stop eating them. Not like I'm some healthy freak and I only eat mass quantities of fruit. I eat tons of clementines (at least 4 per day) on top of my candy fix. One of the best pieces of winter.

6. Getting a new car. I think it's time. I drive a 98 Civic, and it is going to need new front tires and front brakes soon. I'd rather spend that money on a new car, with correct safety restraints for Romy's car seat, than spend it on fixing the old car. But can I part with it? And what will happen to my bumper stickers: "I played D&D before it was cool" and "WWBD: What Would Buffy Do?"?

I guess that's it. I'm sure I could add a million more, but for now, I will leave you with six.

A Happy Hanukkah to all, and to all, a good night!

6 comments:

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

I would ask the Duggars all those same questions!

And the JK Rowling documentary is wonderful. And the trailer for HP7 looks amazing!

Skyebird said...

you could probably order the same bumper stickers online..........
Cant wait to see the HP movie! A friend and i are going to have a harry potter weekend, complete with trivia.

Happy Hannukah!(however you spell it)

Julie H said...

I have slowly been watching HBP each night. I fall asleep every night soon after Romy goes to bed, so it is in pieces. Still wonderful, though!

Skyebird said...

the lighting in the movies keeps getting darker- its a little hard to see!

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Julie-we are HP twins! Since we got the DVD, we've been watching it before bed every night too. I guess it makes it last longer and I don't have to be sad that it will all end soon.

Julie H said...

Sarah-- I still haven't finished watching it! I don't want to see the end again right now :}